Going on a trip abroad, one of the important points is the registration of tourist insurance. This is especially important if you are going on an independent trip for a long time.
Medicine abroad is usually expensive and in order not to spoil your vacation, you should think about insurance in advance. And today I will tell you what kind of insurance for tourists, which of them is better to choose, how to make it and share my experience of travel insurance.
Why do you need insurance?
- Tourist insurance is often necessary for obtaining a visa, especially in the European Union. Without it, you will simply not be allowed to enter the country.
- Travel insurance saves you quite a lot of money, as the treatment abroad is not cheap.
What is a service company?
When choosing insurance, it should be understood that in the event of an insured event you will be dealing not with an insurance company, but with a service company. It is the service company that decides which hospital to refer you to, executes the necessary documents and pays for your treatment.
The insurance company simply sells the poles and its responsibilities end there. Therefore, when buying insurance, it is important to find out which service company the insurance company cooperates with.
At the moment, there are quite a few service companies and they often have different reviews, someone liked everything, and someone did not. It still depends on the country you go to.
You can buy insurance only from an insurance company, so always ask them which service companies they work with.
Pay attention to what?
When taking out travel insurance, you should pay attention to the following important points:
- Check what insurance covers your travel claims. Dentistry and active recreation are best covered, otherwise you will have to pay extra for it. The option “Active rest” is necessary if you like to have an active rest: ride water bikes, play volleyball, drive a motorbike and so on. Without this option you will not be paid for treatment in case of injuries during active rest.
- Find out if your pole has a franchise. A deductible is a certain amount ($50-100), up to which you pay for your own treatment, and if you exceed this amount, your insurance covers all costs. It is best that the insurance does not have a franchise, because I believe that if you pay for the insurance, it should fully pay for your treatment.
- Look at the insurance coverage, which can be 30,000, 50,000 euros or more.
- Clarify how your treatment is paid for. Some service companies cover the costs on the day of the insured event, others only after you arrive home. In the second case, you will have to pay for the treatment yourself, and when you go back to your home country and provide the insurance company’s receipts, they will refund the money you spent. I recommend that you take insurance that covers the costs of treatment at once, as the amounts are different and you may not always be able to give that much money back. For example, a friend of mine in Thailand wrote a check for $3000 for getting a cast.
- See if the insurance has any additional functions, such as flight delay, baggage loss, legal services, etc.
How do I take out insurance?
- Travel insurance is provided by a travel agency if you buy a tourist destination. In this case it will be issued for you and it is already included in the cost of the tour.
- You can contact the insurance company yourself and arrange it there.
- The most convenient option is to buy insurance online. Thanks to this method, you save time and can take out insurance on your own, being in any part of the world.
My insurance experience
I used to travel abroad only on a camping trip and did not think about what kind of insurance I would get from a travel agency. It is good that I have never used such insurance and do not know what service they have.
For the first time I went on my own journey for a long time in 2014 and seriously thought about insurance, as I needed a guarantee that I would get quality medical care if necessary.
He is looking for insurance by the right criteria in different insurance companies and it is very convenient. I have taken out insurance with liberty company. It cost about 1000 rubles a month. It cooperates with the Class service company.
Please visit http://myrtlebeachkidsstuff.com for more info.